Friday, May 3, 2013

Black belt in idiot

Since The Things are with Grammy on the farm this weekend, Friday it was just me and Princess Boo Boo. As always, I had an ever growing list of shit to do, but I decided to take the day "off".

We started our afternoon at the Fish Farm (www.fwfarms.com/fun-at-the-farm/), and that's always a great time :) Princess LOVES petting the sturgeon, frogs and turtles. Well, all the kids do. Then we stopped by the auto parts store to pick up something for Hubby Face.

Next stop was Rockin' Robin Diner (www.urbanspoon.com/r/123/891254/restaurant/Dayton/Rockin-Robin-Diner-Urbana) for dinner. They gave Princess markers to play with while we waited for food. She wanted tattoos. So I drew stars and hearts all over her arms. And she drew worms all over mine. I told our waitress, "I'm either the best babysitter ever, or the worst, I guess we'll find out tonight when her parents pick her up!".

For dessert we went to Schuler's Bakery (www.facebook.com/pages/Schulers-Bakery-Inc/401653426524710). I've been going to their London location for the last year, I am equal parts excited and depressed that there is now one 15 minutes from my house. Princess helped me pick out a couple Cars cup cakes, Tinkerbell and Dora cookies, and some doughnuts for Hubby Face.

Now, the bakery's parking lot is very small and very busy. And seeing as I only had Princess and her car seat in my car, I climbed in the back with her so I could buckle her in. I waited for the car next to me to pull out, another to pull in, and those folks to walk inside before I got out.

Or tried to get out.

I forgot the child locks were turned on. I was locked in my own damn car. After laughing for a minute or so at my own stupidity, I started knocking on my window as a little old lady passed by. She was quite startled, and not quite sure she wanted anything to do with me. After I convinced her to open my door I explained what happened and she laughed so hard she dropped her doughnuts.

And that's how I earned my black belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment