Monday, April 22, 2013

Dear Sour Puss behind the bar.....

Saturday night Hubby face, Salty, Uncle Dbag, and I went out on a double date. We saw a movie, then went out to eat. Sort of.

We went to http://www.oldcanalsmokehouse.com/index.htm . It's BEAUTIFUL! The brick and wood work was truly stunning. We got there at 9:53pm. They close at 11. But as we were walking in we were told that the kitchen was already closing, to order fast. When I asked what was easiest for them to make, Chris the very pleasant server, told us the pulled pork sandwich. So that's what we all got. No mac and cheese because the oven was already off. So we got chips and salads. And everything was delicious! Especially their homemade bbq. Sweet and spicy was awesome!

But the whole time we were sitting there the grumpy old lady behind the bar was giving us the stink eye. It made the dinner very awkward. I mean, we would have spent A LOT of money there had we been given the chance. Hubby Face and I don't get to go out much without The Things. And hell, we'd driven two hours to get there!

So after scarfing our food down as fast as we could, under the very stinky eye of the bartender, I decided to write her a note:

Dear Sour Puss behind the Bar,
       You shouldn't mean mug the people who pay you.
Especially when you don't close for another hour. You
never know who is a famous blogger.
Sincerely,
         MGM

The humor in this lies in the fact that I don't have a single blog follower. Not a damn one.

 As we were leaving I looked back behind me to see Chris reading my note to the Sour Puss. I couldn't help but laugh. He seemed oh too pleased to let her know how we felt. I imagine her sitting in bed that night, unable to sleep, thinking "That fat bitch called me a sour puss! I'm not a fuckin' sour puss..... Honey, do you think I'm a sour puss?!". We all laughed the entire way home about me inferring I'm a famous blogger. Dbag said "I bet she's in there Googling MGM right now." Even though dinner wasn't exactly what we had in mind, it made for some good entertainment!

So, in short, I'm by no means telling anyone not to go to Old Canal Smoke House. Quite the opposite, actually. The building is gorgeous! The food was awesome! And our server, Chris, was great! Just make sure you get there by 9pm. And if you see Sour Puss tell her MGM sent you, and that I say 'Hi!'.

2 comments:

  1. I totally would. I'd probably also say "Famous bloggers look out for each other" :)

    It's Why You Like Me

    ReplyDelete